Entries with no reference have an embedded link to the website source.
Below are some of the references that were found in text.
Through Google Books we may be able to provide the written and web link.
This website would not be possible without the Kentucky Encyclopedia.
Officer Down Memorial Page is our main reference for the KY Officer Memorial page.
If any errors are found we would appreciate it being brought to our attention: Localtonians@gmail.com.
Books – Periodicals – Encyclopedias
- The Squire’ Sketches of Lexington by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.
- Lexington: The Athens of the West by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.
- Court-Houses of Lexington by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.
- John Bradford and the Kentucky Gazette: Revolutionizing the Ohio Valley Frontier
- Women in Fayette County History by Kitty Thornton
- The History of Pioneer Lexington by Charles R. Staples
- The Founding of Lexington 1775-1776 by Carolyn Murray Wooley
- A Memoir of Lexington and its Vicinity by William A. Leavy
- Lost Lexington Kentucky by Peter Brackney
- Gratz Park Compiled by Susan Coats
- Grimes Mill by Harry G. Enoch
- History of Lexington, KY by George W. Ranck
- Lexington Heart of the Bluegrass” by John D. Wright, Jr.
- Bryan Station Heroes and Heroines by Virginia Webb Howard
- Governors of Kentucky 1792 – 1942 by G. Glen Clift
- The Kentucky Encyclopedia John G. Kleber, Editor-in-Chief
- History of Kentucky by the late Lewis Collins
- University of Kentucky Basketball: 101 years by UK Basketball Museum
- “Wicked Lexington KY by Fiona Young Brown”
- Harrodsburg: by Dawn Rightmyer
- Famous Kentucky Duels; by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.
- Keeneland: A Thoroughbred Legacy; Editor Jacqueline Duke 2010
- Horse Racing in Central Kentucky and Jefferson County; Marjorie Rieser University of Louisville
- History of Kentucky; by Zachariah Frederick Smith
- Baseball In Louisville; by Anne Jewell
- A Kentucky Sampler; Lowell Harrison & Nelson L. Dawson
- Kentucky Rising; James A. Ramage & Andrea S. Watkins
- Keeneland-Thoroughbred Legacy Celebrating Tradition; Editor Jacqueline Duke 2010
- Kenneth Barnett Tankersley, Ph.D., Department of Anthropology, University of Cincinnati
- Racelens; Philip von Borries
- Racing Around Kentucky; Lynn S. Renau
- Lexington, 1779 Pioneer Kentucky As Described By Early Settlers; Bettye Lee Martin
- Jouett-Bush-Frazer Early Kentucky Artist; by William Barrow Floyd
- The Civil War in Kentucky; Lowell H. Harrison
- It Happened Today in Kentucky; Robert A. Powell