All Entries that reference a website will have embedded links. however
Below are references that were found in text.
This website would not be possible without the Kentucky Encyclopedia.
If any errors are found we would appreicate it being brought to our attention: Localtonians@gmail.com.
Books – Periodicals – Encyclopedias
- The Squire’ Sketches of Lexington by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.
- Lexington: The Athens of the West by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.
- Court-Houses of Lexington by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.
- John Bradford and the Kentucky Gazette: Revolutionizing the Ohio Valley Frontier
- Women in Fayette County History by Kitty Thornton
- The History of Pioneer Lexington by Charles R. Staples
- The Founding of Lexington 1775-1776 by Carolyn Murray Wooley
- A Memoir of Lexington and its Vicinity by William A. Leavy
- Lost Lexington Kentucky by Peter Brackney
- Gratz Park Compiled by Susan Coats
- Grimes Mill by Harry G. Enoch
- History of Lexington, KY by George W. Ranck
- Lexington Heart of the Bluegrass” by John D. Wright, Jr.
- Bryan Station Heroes and Heroines by Virginia Webb Howard
- Governors of Kentucky 1792 – 1942 by G. Glen Clift
- The Kentucky Encyclopedia John G. Kleber, Editor-in-Chief
- History of Kentucky by the late Lewis Collins
- University of Kentucky Basketball: 101 years by UK Basketball Museum
- “Wicked Lexington KY by Fiona Young Brown”
- Harrodsburg: by Dawn Rightmyer
- Famous Kentucky Duels; by J. Winston Coleman, Jr.